It’s the most wonderful time of the year for us winos! It’s July 25th, also known as National Wine and Cheese Day. Whoever came up with this holiday is our new best friend.
A little backstory on today’s blog post inspiration. Let’s take it back to that one magical night when Rail surprised me with a wine and cheese pairing he made all by himself for me and my girls during “grad cap decorating night”. I was so behind on decorating and graduation was just two days away. I had no time to be hosting a crazy night with the girls, nor did I have the energy after finals.
Not only did he research which wine and cheese to buy, he even stuffed the dates and created post-its with the wine that paired best with each cheese! This man is not from this planet and I love him to pieces.
I’m happy we both appreciate a good glass of wine and a good stinky cheese.
Wine + Cheese Pairings
The perfect way to a girl's heart.
Credit: Rail Seoane
- Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay + Ile de France Brie
- Francis Coppola Diamond Merlot + Gouda
- Chateau Ste Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon + Boar’s Head Canadian Cheddar Aged Over 1000 Days
- Ruffino Riserva Ducale Chianti + BelGioioso Parmesan
- The Seven Deadly Zins Zinfandel + Boar’s Head Double Gloucester
- Sterling Vineyards Napa Sauvignon Blanc + Le Gruyère
- Drink all the wine.
- Eat all the cheese.